护照有效期问题

爸爸妈妈的护照2009年6月过期,想12月初去签证。出入境管理处不给换护照. 这种情况会被拒签吗?肯请有类似经验的人分享一下!实在不想让上了岁数的爸爸妈妈白跑一趟。谢谢!

关键词 tags: 
匿名天使 的头像

1. it is very possible they are not issued a visa because of this.

2. even they are issued visa, they can not leave china because of this. the custom will not let them leave and the airline will not let them board. ok even they leave china, when they enter US, they still have trouble in US custom.

do yourself a favor, renew them first.

btw, what's the reason that "出入境管理处不给换护照"?

JH 的头像

The Chinese government's regulation is that you can't renew your passport until you reach your 6-month expiration date. They will not reach that until mid December.

匿名天使 的头像

i guess your parents are still using the old version passport. there is a different policy for this. they can exchange their old version passport to the new version at any time within 1 year expire date.

that is what my parents did.

good luck

JH wrote:
The Chinese government's regulation is that you can't renew your passport until you reach your 6-month expiration date. They will not reach that until mid December.

shancj 的头像

由于护照政策变了,所以您的双亲应该在有效期半年之内换护照,就是在2008年12月底,或2009年一月初的时候去换,应该很快。您去早了,按规定出入镜管理机构是不会给换的.所以一定是有效期不大于6个月.
我婆婆也是临到签证才发现护照有效期在半年内,去换新护照的,新护照有效期就是10年了.因为换了新护照,护照号码也变了.所以您如果拿旧护照去签证的话,尤其是到美国使馆签证的话,面临以下问题:
1.拒签
2.万一签过了,也可能登陆不了.

所以您:
1.在正好护照6个月有效期时去换新护照是比较好的选择.
2.记住保存好旧的护照,换过后会剪掉封面的两个角.
3.去签证时拿着旧护照或上次去的机票,签证官会从旧护照上看到你原来的签证记录.

haiyan 的头像

你可以那没有过期的护照去签证,如果签证通过,再进行护照的变更,在去美国的时候,要把新旧护照都带上就可以进入美国

JH 的头像

我决定让爸爸妈妈换好护照再去签证了。爸爸妈妈不在签证的城市,去签证要坐好几个小时的火车。这么冷的天,我实在不愿意看他们白跑一趟。谢谢大家了!

haiyan wrote:
你可以那没有过期的护照去签证,如果签证通过,再进行护照的变更,在去美国的时候,要把新旧护照都带上就可以进入美国

jeanzuo 的头像

My mother has the same situation: 临到签证才发现护照有效期在半年内.

She applied for a new passport, but worried that the new passport has a different number with the old passport. She made an appointment with the old passport number.

Please let me know how your mother-in-law resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance!