DS160 form questions

Hi guys,
I am on H1-B and planning to go back to China for a short visit soon, and is working on the new DS160 form and have couple of questions - hope you can help.

1. does any one know where I can find the "passport book number" it asks? or it doesn't apply to China passport?

2. I visited US couple of times before, and the form asked for last visit, what is the "visa number"? I looked at my US visa stamp before, and saw on the lower right there is this 8 digits number in red, is this "Visa Number"?

3. I am traveling with my daughter, one of the question asks "relationship with person", should i pick "parent" or "child" ?

4.for the home address, home phone/work phone etc, I should NOT use my US home address and phone #, instead I should some address in China even thought I haven't lived there for more than 10 years, is this correct? I guess at least the mailing address should be in China.

5. for last 5 US visits, it not only asks for Date of Arrival, but also asks for Length of Stay, wonder how you guys fill in the length of stay? It has dropdown lists with years/months/weeks/days, since I am on H1-B(before that was F1), how am i supposed to calculate the length? Just do the math on, say, the duration from my previous entry into US to the day when I left for China? which maybe say 3 years 2 months and 11 days, how do you guys put this down? in total days? in weeks?

6. have you made specific travel plans
I have booked the round trip for my upcoming visit to China, so I have the arrival date for US for coming back, but it also asks for departure date in the form, I am on H1-B, and I am in the process of getting my green card and my I140 has been approved, I can just renew every 3 years. In this case, what departure date I should put down? The best i can think of is the date when my current H1-B renewal will expire. Is that how you guys do?

Your quick response is greatly appreciated and thanks for the attention to my questions.

论坛: 
关键词 tags: 
bnamantis 的头像

楼主订阅回复提醒

匿名天使 的头像

1. check not applicable.

3. child

4. use address in China

5. gives a rough period, no need be accurate into days

6. say no plan. put your current H1b expire date. it doesn't matter. VO knows how H1b works. and it will not affect your chance to get visa. indeed you will have no chance to get denied. :D

yyq 的头像

能不能请问你你以经填完了吗?

bnamantis wrote:
楼主订阅回复提醒