F1 签证面试问答案例

F1签证面试问答案例:
硕士毕业留校工作N年,未婚F-1, RA,学校工程40~50。本科机械, 研究生力学。
1. What will you study in the United States (abroad)?
Mechanical Engineering in *** University.
2. What is your major? In what aspect of your major will you study? How can it explain?
My major is Mechanical Engineering. My specialty is *** Mechanics.
3. Can you say something about it? What is it all about? What is it for?
Mechanics can set up the constitutive theory of materials and simulate the practical problem. It has played an important role in mechanical, civil engineering and material science. It have emerged huge prospects in the interrelated science and engineering.
4. How can it be used?
It can be used to simulate the process of engineering problems, to design the new advanced materials, to set up the new standard with the new mechanics theory.
Some advanced engineers will employ the mechanics theory to solve some difficult problems in Mechanical Engineering.
5. Can it be used on weapons?
No, it is just basic theoretical research.
6. What will you do in USA? What is your purpose to USA? Why do you go to University of***? What are you going to do in the United States?
I will pursue PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering in *** University from fall 2002 to fall 2007.
7. Are you going to study in USA?
Yes. I will pursue PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering in *** University.
8. What degree will you pursue?
Doctor of Philosophy.
9. When/where did you get your BS/MS?
I got my Bachelor degree in ***XX in Dept. of Mechanical Engineering in *** Univ. and Master degree in ***X in Department of ***X in XX University.
10. What do you do with your Master work?
In the first academic year I finished the course study. In the later two years I started my thesis--the interdisciplinary.
11. What are you doing now? Are you a student or are you working?
When did you start your work there?
In *** after my obtaining M.E., I worked at the Dept. of *** in *** University. In the first two years, I was a TA for the course of ***. From XX to now I was a lecturer.
12. What are you working on? What have you been doing after graduation?
What are you doing recently? What are you responsible for in your present post?
I mainly took the teaching, research and management work according to the contract with ***X University in the last N years.
13. How long will you study in USA?
About five years. I will study hard to get my PHD as early as possible.
14. Have you any scholarship?
Yes. As you can see on my I20, the department offered me a RA position.
It's full financial support including a tuition waiver and yearly stipend of ***XX us dollars, and health insurance, which can be renewable for a total of 5 years.
15. What do you want to study in USA?
Mechanical Engineering, my favorite and former major.
16. What do you do with your work for PhD?
I will take the academic courses for the first year, and then conduct dissertation research in the area for the following years. At the same time I do research assistant job and finish the thesis at last.
17. What is your purpose for the visa?
I need a F-one visa in order to study for my PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering in *** University. I plan to finish my study in five years and then come back to China.
18. What is your academic background? What is your background in ME?
I have got Bachelor degree in *** Univ. The major courses intensified my engineering training and practical manipulating abilities.In the diploma thesis I designed a quartz cutting machine. I have got Master degree in ***. *** University has employed me for N years since ***X.
According to the contract I had taken the teaching job, participated in research projects and management. Here are my published ***s.
19. How do you know this Univ.?
I know it from the US news and Peterson website for its good reputation and Graduate School ranks. The university ranks in top fifty around the world.
His mechanics program ranks in top 5.
20. What is your plan? What will you do after graduation?
Upon completion of my study, I will come back to China and seek a position in *** University. *** Univ. lack the faculties who engage in this mechanics, which is ***X. The *** department just plans to build a new mechanics laboratory five years later. Our central laboratory has no young professor now.
They need PhDs who engages in *** mechanics. Because I have completely finished my contract job, they all support me to pursue PhD abroad. My dream is to be a professor in China top University such as ***. There is my support letter. They will employ me when I gain the PhD.
21. What will be your salary then?
At least about RMB ten thousands Yuan a month.
22. How much can a professor earn?
As far as I know, a professor in *** have usually earned a salary of fifteen thousands RMB per month now and their salary will be gradually rising later.
23. Give me three reasons that you will come back to China?
First, PhD holders from the USA are much easier to posses an academic position with high salary in China top universities such as ***. I will have a bright future in China. Second, in my major research direction, many Chinese top universities have just started this research while USA universities have achieved a quite advance. My career objective determines that it is a better choice for me to come back to China. Third, my long-range objective is to become a professor in China top universities such as ***.
24. Why won't you stay in USA?
My main purpose in USA is only to pursue the PhD degree. First, PhD holders from the USA are much easier to posses an academic position with high salary in China top universities such as ***. I will have a bright future in China.
Second, my career objective determines that it is a better choice for me to come back to China because Chinese universities will run after the USA advance in the direction -XX mechanics. My long-range objective is to become a professor in China top universities such as ***. Third, I have
to come back and reunited with my family member.
25. Can you explain why 90% Chinese students didn't come back?
Really? As I know, during the recent years, more and more students come back after they finished their study. For me, I will definitely return back. If really so, I think, when 90% Chinese students didn't come back, I will have more opportunity to realize my career dream quickly.
26. Can you promise that you will not be attracted?
Sure. China is my home. But as for my major, you see, it is a practical major. My career objective also determines that it is a better choice for me to come back to China. Many Chinese top universities have just started this research. This can give me easy chance to achieve my long-range
objective -- to become a professor in ***.
27. Why do you choose this Univ.?
First, the Graduate program of the Department fits my interest very well.
The experimental condition of the University of *** is very good. It is quite flexible, based on the research interests of the faculty member. Second, there have a good academic atmosphere and good reputation. The program is among the top of a few PhD programs in mechanical engineering in USA. Besides, I like the weather and environment of ***, not as heavy polluted air, windy and sandy as Beijing.
28. Why do you like your major? Why do you want to study this major?
I love the *** Mechanics. It is both academically complex and widely used. I always feel it fascinating. I love the problem-driven research originating from the real practice. I like to spend a lot of time to handle the experimental problem. In fact, it is promising in china. My strong practice background assures me excellent in this area.
29. Why do you want to pursue a doctor's degree?
My N years of working experience at *** University tell me. I realized what I have learned is far from enough and must be updated. The University of *** is full of competence and challenge to me. A Ph.D. degree abroad is important and useful for my goal to be a professor later in *** Univ.
And if you want to be a professor in ***, it is necessary to hold a PHD degree first. I am in the golden time of my life to pursue Ph.D. after N-year working.
30. Why do you want to study Mechanical Engineering for PHD in USA?
My working experience tells me. *** Mechanics is an important branch in the field of Mechanical Engineering. What I have learned needs updated. USA has the advanced science and technology and the most active research environment in the world.
31. Why do you want to study Mechanical Engineering for PHD in University of ***?
The Mechanical Engineering of the University of *** is rather outstanding. In my favorite research direction, He has the strong faculties and equipment and rank the top 5 in the world.
32. Why not a Ph.D. degree in China?
Almost top universities in China such as *** and Beijing have not my favorite research direction. But the USA has the strongest in the world. So it's quite reasonable for me to peruse my Ph.D. degree in the United States.
33. Many universities in the China offer first-rate graduate programs in ME, why do you want to go to the USA for graduate study?
Because they have not my favorite major direction-- *** mechanics. And they just started to found this research direction. The Mechanical Engineering of UA can afford the best education conditions. It can offer more promising future to realize my dream-a professor of ***.
34. Why do you receive financial aid from this Univ.? Why can you get RA?
Why this university gave you the aid (funding)?
My excellent academic records and strong research backgrounds because I have the N-years working experiences in ***.
35. What if you do not have financial award for the following years?
The department told me, if I remain in good academic records, they would renew my award of full financial support. I am an industrial student, and I don't think I'll encounter any problem in receiving such financial support. And just if I haven't financial aid in the second year, my personal saving at that time will be enough to pay the year expense.

论坛: